Chiropractic care can help patients suffering from a variety of conditions. As your Tampa chiropractor, we provide a range of non-invasive, medication-free services. We help patients manage chronic pain and heal from recent injuries. We also have digital x-rays in the office.
Chiropractic adjustments are the cornerstone of all chiropractic care. Spinal adjustments help realign the vertebrae and reduce pressure on the spinal cord. Over time, chiropractic adjustments can even help improve the functioning of the central nervous system. At Active Family Chiropractic, P.A.; we use the following techniques:
- Flexion Distraction- Flexion Distraction requires a specially designed adjusting table. This technique is also called Cox Technic or decompression manipulation, and a method of choice when treating disc herniations, facet joint pain, scoliosis and other conditions. Patients should expect to feel a gentle stretching motion while on the table.
- Thompson Terminal Point Technique- Thompson Terminal Point Technique requires a specially designed adjusting table. This technique is also known as Thompson Drop. This table is designed to drop a fraction of an inch when the Chiropractor applies a quick thrust to make an adjustment. The subtle dropping motion, which patients feel as vibration, makes it very comfortable for most patients. This table and technique can be used for the spine or extremities.
- Activator Method ®. Activator method is used to treat back pain and neck pain. During adjustments, the Activator Adjusting Instrument applies a quick, low-force impulse to various areas of the spine and extremities.
- Diversified. Diversified is one of the most common forms of chiropractic adjustment. This high-velocity, low amplitude thrust is used to treat most forms of dysfunction within the body.
- Gonstead Technique – This adjusting style uses a hands-on technique. Chiropractors use it to realign joints, reduce pain and stiffness, and increase mobility.
- Palmer Package – A wide variety of techniques have been developed by chiropractic innovators. Over the years since its founding in 1897, Palmer has developed what is known throughout the profession as the “Palmer Package.” This is a group of chiropractic techniques that, once mastered, provide the Palmer graduate with the technique expertise needed to deal with practically any clinical situation that may emerge in practice.
- The Pettibon System - Is a process of assessment and rehab procedures designed to specifically rehabilitate your spine and correct posture.
- Extremity Adjusting- We utilize a wide variety of techniques from activator to manual adjusting of the extremities.
Auto Accident Injury Care
Auto accidents can cause a variety of musculoskeletal problems for patients. Unfortunately, many patients don't even realize that they've been injured when the accident first occurs. Many types of auto accident injuries can take days or weeks to manifest symptoms. If you've recently been involved in a car accident, we recommend making an appointment with the chiropractor, even if you have noticed no symptoms. Some of the most common types of auto injuries involve:
- Whiplash. Whiplash is a type of injury that happens when the head is jerked forward or backward during a car accident, causing tiny tears to develop in the muscles and ligaments of the neck.
- Concussion. A concussion is a head injury that causes headaches, nausea, blurry vision and other problems.
- Herniated disc. A herniated disc is a type of injury that occurs when the disc between two vertebrae protrudes from the tough casing that surrounds it.
To provide lower back pain treatment and headache treatment for patients involved in car accident injuries, we use spinal adjustment, stretches and exercises and massage therapy.
Sports Injury Care
Sports injuries can cause soft tissue damage, swollen muscles and muscle stiffness. Patients who play sports may choose to see the chiropractor regularly for pain relief and treatment of injuries. We use the following techniques to help patients suffering from sports injuries:
- Stretching. Stretching helps to improve mobility and range of motion for the patient. Stretching also helps patients warm up and warm down from sports events, which can reduce the chances of injury.
- Adjustments. Adjustments help to realign the spine after a patient has been injured. Spinal adjustments can improve the body's ability to heal itself and can help patients avoid future injury by improving coordination.
- Lifestyle Advice. Sometimes patients cause their own injuries by engaging in specific behaviors that strain the muscles. Our lifestyle advice helps athletes avoid injury by changing their behaviors.
Headache & Migraine Treatment
Headaches and migraines can occur for many reasons. Stress and injury are among the most common reasons that people experience headaches. At Active Family Chiropractic, PA, we use lifestyle advice, massage therapy and spinal adjustment to help patients suffering from headaches and migraines. Our techniques can reduce muscle tension, improve mobility in the neck and heal injuries that cause headaches.
Massage therapy is a technique that helps reduce muscle tension and enhance the effects of spinal adjustment. Massage therapy helps patients with a variety of muscle problems, chronic conditions and injuries. License: MA 83871
Prenatal / Pediatric Care
Prenatal care helps mother and child stay healthy in the months leading up to labor and delivery. Prenatal care helps pregnant women prepare for a smooth labor and delivery. When the baby is born, we use techniques like spinal adjustment to help newborns.
Weight Loss / Nutritional Consultation
Weight problems can contribute to chronic pain and other health problems. We provide nutrition counseling to patients to help them manage their weight and eat a healthy diet. For patients who struggle with weight gain, we set up a plan that can help them lose weight in a manner that is healthy.
Schedule an Appointment Today
As your chiropractor in Tampa, Florida, we offer a range of chiropractic techniques to patients. We treat many conditions that affect people in Tampa, FL. To make an appointment fill out the appointment request through our website or call us at (813) 925-9700.